In a typical year, more than 35,000 cases of new oral cancers are diagnosed. Historically, men have outnumbered women 6 to 1 in oral cancer diagnosis. Recently, this number has changed to two men for every one woman diagnosed with oral cancer. According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, oral cancer has previously been linked to cigarette smoking and alcohol use, but more and more cases are being diagnosed in women who neither smoke nor drink heavily. While cigarett smoking and alcohol use are still major factors as causes of oral cancer, often oral HPV-16 -- one of the types of HPV linked to cervical cancer -- is the cause of oral cancer. Like other types of HPV, oral HPV is linked to sexual activity, specifically oral sex.
Found early, oral cancer survival rates are about 80 to 90%. Unfortunately, many cases of oral cancer are not found until the late stages when the survival rate drops to about 45%. This late stage diagnosis of oral cancer could be significantly decreased if everyone stuck to the recommended every 6 months dental check ups. Dentists routinely check for the signs of oral cancer that can appear inside the oral cavity, including the tonsils and throat.
Going to the dentist has never been one of my favorite things to do -- maybe if I'd been aware of the possibility of oral cancer, I'd have stuck to the every 6 months schedule my parents insisted on while growing up. Knowing about the risk of oral cancer may have encouraged me to see the dentist more frequently.
Home & Garden Furniture | Natural Skin Care Shopping Tips | Watch Online Free Movie | Eliminate Lines & Wrinkles | My Travel Map Taj Mahal | Link Exchange| Skin Care Tips | Characteristics of Healthy Skin | Damaging Your Skin | Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | Diet Tips Healthy Skin | Seo Consultants Seo Experts | Natural Skin Care Cream | Mobile Phone Chargers | Dogs | Business Company | Beauti Care | home shopping direct | World Travel | Software Company | Online Education India | SEO Company India | Healthy Life | Home Decor

I wish you have a luxury time to consider using benefits articles can offer.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
This is a great place for me to visit as I need to understand more of this. Thanks for the tips.
ReplyDeleteI’ve really enjoyed reading your articles. You obviously know what you are talking about! Your site is so easy to navigate too, I’ve bookmarked it in my favourites
ReplyDeleteEveryone is different. Sometimes it's very exciting; sometimes very scary.
ReplyDeleteIt gets kinda monotonous, but that's television. There are plus sides and down sides. The positive side is that you have steady work for nine months of the year for however many years your show is on TV,.
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! I like your blog, and am a regular follower. I will be back monday!
ReplyDeleteGood post man, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using.
ReplyDeleteMy skin is hard when it comes to my music. But with my movies, I'm still a virgin in a lot of ways. I'm not used to being shot down for no reason.
ReplyDeleteI have to say this has been probably the most helpful posts for me. Please keep it up. I cant wait to read whats next.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
ReplyDelete